SiteGround shared hosting plans start at $3.95 per month to host one website. The plan gives you 10GB of space, which is ample for most content websites. Keep in mind that it does not include a free website transfer. If you need help transferring an existing website, or if you have more than one website, or require more space, then shared hosting plans range from $5.95 to $11.95 per month. If you want to save a buck a month over a shared hosting plan with InterServer, then SiteGround is a good option. However, you’ll end up paying a few dollars more if you need more space or more features. Regardless, SiteGround is a very affordable option and their shared plans function well for most WordPress and HTML websites. Customer service is much better than you would expect for $4-12 per month, and the company is well-established.
- Get Started for $3.95 Per Month
- 10-20 GB is Ample for Most WordPress and Content Websites
- Daily Backups
- Recommended by WordPress
- Plans for $5.95 – $11.95 Per Month are Feature-Rich
- Migration Help Requires a Plan for $5.95+ Per Month
- Not Ideal for Large Ecommerce or Large Database Websites
- No Root Access
SiteGround Hosting Plan Review & Analysis
Shared website hosting can be problematic. If too many websites are hosted on the same server, then each website might be short on resources. Consequently, websites can run slow. In addition, sharing resources with other websites could be a security risk. That said, InterServer.net plans include free CDN access for fast page-loads, and you can set up a LetsEncrypt SSL certificate for free. They also include account isolation to keep your websites safe from any security issues associated with other websites on the same server. Plus, they also include daily backups to protect your data, where other hosting plans at this level may only include weekly or monthly backups.
Who This Hosting Plan is For
- Content Websites With Small to Average Database Requirements
- Real Estate Agents
- Skilled Trade Service Providers (Carpenters, Construction, Plumbing, Electrical, etc.)
- Software, App & Engineering Start-Ups
- Artists, Architects, Interior Designers
- Small Ecommerce Websites
Who This Hosting Plan is Not For
- Large Ecommerce Websites
- Database-Intensive Websites
- Highly Sensitive Data That Requires Top Security & Encryption
Most companies will do well with this hosting plan. Unless you’ve got major technical requirements for your website, it will likely suit your needs. At $3.95 per month, SiteGround offers one of the cheapest hosting plans available online, without sacrificing too many features or customer service. For a few bucks more, you get one-click installs of WordPress and a host of other benefits, and you can have your website up and running within minutes. The company is well-established, and among three hosting providers recommended by WordPress.