If you need a lot of resources up-front for your website, or if you want to ensure that other companies don’t have access to your files, then a dedicated server may be for you. You’ll get a physical server (i.e., a computer) that is only utilized for your websites. Rather than sharing your CPU, memory, and disk space with other people’s websites, you’ll have exclusive access to your resources. This means that you have a bit more security, and you won’t have to worry about traffic to other people’s websites resulting in performance issues on yours. Generally, your websites will load quickly, and database access will be fast, too. Keep in mind, however, that dedicated servers are not as easy to expand as VPS web hosting accounts. For most people, however, this isn’t an issue. If you get to the point where that does become a problem, then you’re likely generating enough revenue for it to not matter.
- InterServer Dedicated Servers
- BlueHost Standard Dedicated Servers
- A2Hosting Unmanaged Dedicated Servers
- DreamHost Standard Dedicated Servers
- HostGator Value Dedicated Servers
- HostWinds Dedicated Servers
Short Dedicated Server Hosting Reviews
If you don’t want to read all of the full-length Dedicated Server hosting reviews, then save yourself some time and scan this list. We’ve listed the hosting companies in priority order, with the most highly reviewed website at the top of the list. You can then either click through to each company website, or choose to read more if something catches your interest.
- DDOS Protection
- 100 MB or 1 GB Port
- 10 TB Data Transfer
- Managed Support
- Free Data Migration
- Future Upgrades Require Migration to New Server
- More Expensive Than VPS Cloud Hosting
- You have all the resources of the server dedicated to your website.
- The plans are managed, so Bluehost manages and maintains the server.
- Bluehost has a 24/7 customer support line specifically for dedicated servers.
- The standard plan is comparable in price to what other companies offer.
- You can easily upgrade to one of the other dedicated server plans if you outgrow the Standard option.
- Bluehost does not offer free website migration.
- The discounted rate is only good for the first month, so budget accordingly.
- Upgrading storage and other features can also quickly increase your monthly costs.
- Depending on your needs, the upper-tier VPS hosting plan may be better.
- Three hosting levels allow you to select the price/plan that fits your needs
- Upgradable RAID storag2e
- Optional speed boost for those who need faster page loads
- Free site migration
- Each plan has a number of customizable options
- Server uptime does vary from month to month
- Low initial cost that can quickly increase as you add or customize options
- Some options, such as Turbo Boost, are pricey
- The best prices are only available by locking in a one-year contract
- Renewal costs increase after the first year
- More speed dedicated to your site
- Additional security and oversight
- More data and content storage
- More expensive than shared and VPS plans
- Overkill for smaller sites with minimal content
- Questionable support satisfaction
- Your website has all of the server resources at its disposal.
- HostGator offers both Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Unmetered bandwidth.
- You can upgrade at any time if you determine you need more power.
- There are other options priced lower that offer comparable or even better service.
- The Value server is limited to 8 GB of RAM.
- Tech support is available 24/7/365, but it may take several days for a response.
- It’s usually more affordable to buy your domain name through a different service instead of purchasing it with your hosting.
- HostWinds provides a large amount of flexibility and customization.
- Pricing is extremely competitive and, in some cases, cheaper than other hosting options.
- Your website will not share resources.
- 365/24/7 tech support that responds quickly.
- Windows and Linux OS are both available.
- Because it is so customizable, you do need to understand more about servers than you would with other hosts.
- Upgrades can quickly add up.
- There are dedicated server hosting options that are a bit better for the price.