If you’re looking for a solid VPS hosting option that doesn’t break your budget, A2Hosting may be the perfect option for you. You will see in the following A2Hosting unmanaged VPS review that each option has both pros and cons. The speed, available support, and flexibility are certainly reasons why A2Hosting may be right for you. However, as with any unmanaged hosting option, you may become overwhelmed with managing your server’s configuration and maintenance on your own.
- Flexible options allow you to create the VPS host that fits all of your needs.
- You only pay for the resources you need.
- Turbo Server add-on option provides more speed.
- You have full control over your server, including selecting the operating system.
- You have full root and command line access.
- Their anytime money back guarantee lets you cancel your hosting service whenever you want.
- As with any unmanaged server, you do have to manage, update, and maintain all software yourself.
- Pricing can increase quickly when you add on more options.
- Servers don’t include the A2Hosting signature Turbo Boost – it’s an upgrade.
- Servers aren’t unlimited – for example, RAM maxes out at 8 GB.
A2Hosting Unmanaged VPS Review & Analysis
If you’re comfortable handling your own server configuration, management, and maintenance, A2Hosting Unmanaged VPS hosting options do meet a lot of business’s needs. Their flexibility certainly helps. Furthermore, they provide limited 24/7 support, which is handy for times when your server fails. The price is also very budget-friendly, although that depends on how much you add to the package. This means you will have to compare each hosting package with your needs to determine if A2Hosting is truly the best VPS hosting partner for you.
Who This Hosting Plan is For
- People who need more than standard shared hosting plans offer.
- Large companies that need a lot of bandwidth for their website.
- People who may need to scale their business over time.
- Webmasters who are confident enough to maintain their web hosts themselves.
- Companies that may need a specially configured operating system, but don’t need a dedicated server.
Who This Hosting Plan is Not For
- People who aren’t comfortable managing their hosting server themselves.
- People who don’t need unique settings.
- Companies new to e-commerce and aren’t sure how much control or resources they will need.
- Anyone who would not need full control over their host.
- Companies or people on a limited budget.
- Small businesses with fairly small websites that have no growth expectation.
A VPS web host partitions each server into many virtual servers that can run their own operating system and have their own dedicated resources. This happens even though the same physical server hosts other websites at the same time. This provides many of the same benefits of having a dedicated server without the additional costs that come with it. A2Hosting’s unmanaged VPS hosting option is good for people or companies with technical skills who need more than a shared hosting account, but don’t quite need a dedicated server.. By going the unmanaged route, you can further save money by handling many of the day-to-day management tasks yourself.
A2Hosting Unmanaged VPS Hosting Features
- Up To 20X Faster Servers
- 24/7/365 Guru Crew
- Ultra-Reliable Servers
- Developer Friendly
- High Performance
- Custom Solution
- Developer Friendly
- Perpetual Security
- 99.9% Uptime Commitment
- Anytime Money Back Guarantee
- Custom Resources
- Custom Operating Systems
- Custom Software
- Custom VPS Management
- Custom Data Center Location
- Risk Free VPS Web Hosting
- Scalable VPS Web Hosting
- Blazing Fast VPS Web Hosting
- Reliable VPS Hosting
A2Hosting Unmanaged VPS Hosting Prices
More About Web VPS Hosting?
Web VPS hosting has similarities to both dedicated and shared hosting. A number of web hosting plans, including InterServer hosting plans and SiteGround hosting plans as well as A2Hosting offer VPS hosting options. As with shared hosting, your website is on a server with a number of other websites. They share the server’s physical hard disk. Unlike a shared server, however, each website stores its information on a virtual server that simulates a stand-alone, dedicated server. This allows you to use a completely different operating system than any other website on the same physical server. Your virtual server will be set for your specific needs, and you have full control over it.
Another benefit of using a VPS is that you have guaranteed resources, including CPU cores, disk space, RAM, and bandwidth. You also have root-level access, just as you would with a dedicated server. Your virtual server suffers no ill-effects by anything anyone else does on their virtual servers, even though they’re all using the same physical resources. Thankfully, because each server hosts several websites, you’re not fully responsible for the cost of maintaining that server. As with shared hosting, these costs are spread across all users.
A2Hosting – VPS Hosting Options
While many web hosting companies offer managed and unmanaged VPS hosting options, A2Hosting actually has an option that’s in between the two. They call it their Core VPS plan. This plan has all of the benefits of their managed VPS option, plus root access. This gives you more control over the server, but you’re not fully responsible for managing it. You still get the full management services A2Hosting provides for managed servers.
One of the downsides of the Core VPS plan, however, is that it’s the same cost as the managed plan. Prices in web hosting do tend to fluctuate from time to time, however, so this may not always be the case. As with all decisions related to web hosting, review your unique needs and budget before you determine if a fully managed VPS or the Core VPS hosting plan is right for you.
Determining if A2Hosting Unmanaged VPS Hosting is Right for You
When you determine your web hosting needs, you may find that unmanaged VPS hosting is the right choice. This might be because you need the flexibility that comes with having full control of your web server, or the need for a unique operating system that may not be available on shared servers. If you find that your resource needs no longer make shared servers ideal, then moving to a VPS account is a logical upgrade. With A2Hosting’s customizable and scalable hosting options, you’re also able to keep costs under control since you only pay for the resources you’re actually using.