Bluehost has several different hosting plans, including dedicated hosting. These plans provide you with your own server that you can configure to meet your unique needs. The company does offer three different options for dedicating hosting, but we will be looking at their standard plan. If you are wondering if a dedicated server is the way to go, continue reading our BlueHost dedicated server hosting plan review to see why it might be the best option for you.
- You have all the resources of the server dedicated to your website.
- The plans are managed, so Bluehost manages and maintains the server.
- Bluehost has a 24/7 customer support line specifically for dedicated servers.
- The standard plan is comparable in price to what other companies offer.
- You can easily upgrade to one of the other dedicated server plans if you outgrow the Standard option.
- Bluehost does not offer free website migration.
- The discounted rate is only good for the first month, so budget accordingly.
- Upgrading storage and other features can also quickly increase your monthly costs.
- Depending on your needs, the upper-tier VPS hosting plan may be better.
Bluehost Dedicated Server Hosting Plan Review & Analysis
The Bluehost standard dedicated server hosting plan offers a solid foundation for building your online presence. The server makes use of four CPU cores, offers 500 GB of storage, and four GB of RAM. You are given three IP addresses and have five TB of bandwidth per month. If you need a dedicated host due to either the size of your website or the need to customize the server, it is a good option. However, you may find that it does not quite offer enough if you are running a large eCommerce site.
Who This Hosting Plan is For
- Large websites that need more resources than what a shared host or even a VPS host can offer.
- Websites that need specific operating systems or specific configurations.
- Companies with a good amount of money dedicated to their online presence.
Who This Hosting Plan is Not For
- Individuals and small-to-medium businesses that don’t need to spend money on dedicated resources.
- Websites that don’t have a large amount of videos and high-resolution photos.
- Anyone with a small hosting budget.
- Large eCommerce businesses that may need more than what the Standard plan has to offer.
The bottom line is that Bluehost’s standard dedicated server does offer a good amount of resources for the price. However, you do need to carefully look at your hosting needs before signing up for it. It is possible you may be fine with a cheaper VPS hosting plan. You may also need to move up to the Enhanced or even the Premium options. While you can customize the Standard plan, it may make more sense to simply move up to the next tier.
BlueHost Dedicated Server Hosting Features
- FREE Domain Name for 1st Year
- Extreme Speed
- Storage Upgrades
- Free SSL Certificate
- Fast Provisioning
- Root Access
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- RAID Storage
- Dedicated Support
- Access Control
- Improved cPanel
- Advanced Capabilities
- Multi-Server Management
- Database Management
- Domain Privacy + Protection
- Spam Protection
BlueHost Standard Dedicated Server Hosting Plan Prices
Is Cheap Dedicated Server Hosting the Right Way to Go?
There are many different dedicated hosting plans out there, but Bluehost Standard is priced towards the low end. Is going for cheap dedicated server hosting a good idea? The saying of “you get what you pay for” is accurate here, but you do want to carefully look at what you are getting. If the processing power, bandwidth, and storage space meet your needs, there is no reason to pay for a more expensive selection. You would be paying for features you are not using, which is not a good financial decision.
Of course, while it’s not as expensive as some dedicated plans are, you’ll still be paying more than you would for DreamHost shared unlimited hosting or other shared options. Be sure you have the budget you need before you sign up.
Do You need Dedicated Server Hosting?
Another question you may be asking is if you even need dedicated server hosting. Is it worth the cost? If you are running a large eCommerce site, the answer is almost always yes. Your server is going to need a lot of resources and bandwidth to handle all the traffic it will be getting. A large number of users visiting every day will quickly overload a shared host. Even a VPS host will not be able to keep up.
The amount of content you plan on having available on your website is also important. If you are going to be uploading a large number of videos, images, and files, you’re going to want the storage space that comes with dedicated server hosting. In fact, you may find that you have to expand the amount of storage that comes with Bluehost’s standard plan, even though it includes more space than the basic InterServer dedicated server option.
If your website has begun operating very slowly for your users, it could be a sign that it has outgrown your current hosting plan. It may be time to consider moving to a dedicated server.
What Other Dedicated Options Does Bluehost Offer?
In addition to its Standard plan, Bluehost offers two other dedicated server options: Enhanced and Premium. The Enhanced selection is what the host recommends, and it is priced directly between the Standard and Premium selections. Like the Standard plan, your server would have four CPU cores, but they would run at 2.5 GHz instead of 2.3 GHz. Most everything else is doubled: storage, RAM, and bandwidth are all twice what Standard offers. You also get four IP addresses instead of three.
If you upgrade to the Premium option, first be ready to pay nearly twice as much per month. That higher price tag does come with perks, though. Your four processors will run at 3.3 GHz, you will have 16 GB of RAM, and you will get 15 TB of bandwidth monthly. You also get five IP addresses. The only downside is that your storage does not increase. Both Enhanced and Premium offer 1 TB. You can always pay for more space, but it will be on top of your monthly fee.
Bluehost is known for being one of the top web hosts out there, so you should seriously consider them for your hosting needs. However, be sure to compare their plans to a few others to see which one really meets your needs the best.